Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel – SSVI7500 - Review
The Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel, model SSVI7500, is the latest addition to the line of durable reels offered by Penn. This new version features the same strong full metal body and HT-100 Drag system that made its predecessor a top choice for anglers. The notable upgrades include an improved water resistant rating, providing better protection against water damage, and the incorporation of Penn's CNC Gear Technology, which ensures precise and durable gears for exceptional smoothness. Additionally, Penn has expanded the Spinfisher line with the introduction of two new models: the 2500 size and the bailless 4500 size. These new options cater to surf, inshore, and offshore fishermen, providing a Spinfisher VI reel suitable for any fishing application. If you are in search of a spinning reel that offers both durability and high performance at an affordable price, the Spinfisher VI is an excellent choice.
- 5+1 Shielded Stainless Steel Bearing System
- HT-100 Drag System for smooth, long-lasting drag, even at high pressure
- CNC Gear Technology for precision machined gears
- Brass Pinion Gear on all models
- Aluminum Main Gear (2500-5500)
- Brass Main Gear (6500-10500)
- Nylon Rotor (2500-5500)
- Aluminum Rotor (6500-10500)
- IPX5 Seal Rating (Highly Water Resistant)
- Infinite Anti-Reverse
- Interchangeable Handle for left and right-hand retrieve
- Bailless, Live Liner, and Long Cast models available in select sizes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is the Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel suitable for saltwater fishing?
Yes, the Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel is designed to withstand the harsh conditions of saltwater fishing. Its full metal body and IPX5 seal rating make it highly water resistant and provide excellent protection against saltwater damage.
2. Can the handle of the Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel be switched for left-hand retrieve?
Yes, the handle of the Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel is interchangeable, allowing anglers to switch between left-hand and right-hand retrieve.
3. What is the difference between the bailless, live liner, and long cast models?
The bailless model of the Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel does not have a bail, making it suitable for techniques that require manual line control. The live liner model features a secondary drag system that allows for free spooling with a flick of a switch. The long cast model has a special spool design that enables longer casting distances.View Buying Options