Simrad RS40-B VHF Radio with GPS-500 Antenna & Class B AIS – 000-14818-001 - Review
The Simrad RS40-B VHF Radio with GPS-500 Antenna and Class B AIS (Automatic Identification System) is a versatile marine communication device. It not only receives AIS target information, but also broadcasts your boat's location to other nearby vessels equipped with AIS technology, ensuring proactive collision prevention in busy harbors and waterways.
With an integrated AIS receiver, the RS40-B allows you to monitor the positions of other vessels with AIS technology. You can view the AIS information either on the radio's integrated screen or overlay it on your chart or radar using a compatible multifunction display.
The RS40-B comes with a detachable fist mic that can be attached to the front or back of the radio. You can also use extension cables to place the mic and radio in different locations.
For added convenience, you have the option to purchase the HS40 wireless phone, which is a replica of the radio's display and controls. This allows you to take your radio with you anywhere on board while still having access to all essential features from a distance. If you connect multiple handsets to your RS40-B, the radio can function as an on-board intercom, supporting connections for up to two separate handsets.
Here are some of the features of the Simrad 000-14818-001 RS40-B VHF Radio:
– VHF radio with integrated Class B AIS and Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling) transceivers
– Built-in GPS receiver
– Wireless connectivity for up to two mobile phones
– Connectivity for NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 standards
– Includes the GPS-500 antenna for improved performance
– Unit dimensions: 7.92 inches wide by 3.85 inches high (flush mounted)
In the box, you will find:
– 000-13613-001 GPS-500 GPS Antenna
– Fist Mic
– 000-14921-001 RS40000-14917-001 Mounting Bracket with Knobs
– RS40000-14921-001 Flush Mounting Kit (Part Number: 000-14915-001)
– Suncover (Part Number: 000-14912-001)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I view AIS information on the radio's screen?
Yes, the Simrad RS40-B VHF Radio allows you to view AIS information on its integrated screen.
2. Can I overlay AIS information on my chart or radar?
Absolutely! You can overlay AIS information on your chart or radar using a compatible multifunction display.
3. Can I attach the fist mic to the back of the radio?
Yes, the detachable fist mic can be attached to either the front or back of the radio for added flexibility.
4. Can I use extension cables to place the mic and radio in different locations?
Definitely! You have the option to use extension cables to position the mic and radio in different locations to suit your needs.
5. Can I purchase the HS40 wireless phone separately?
Yes, the HS40 wireless phone is available for purchase separately. It provides a replica of the radio's display and controls, allowing you to take your radio with you anywhere on board.
6. Can the RS40-B function as an on-board intercom?
Absolutely! When you connect multiple handsets to your RS40-B, it can function as an on-board intercom. It supports connections for up to two separate handsets.View Buying Options