Standard Horizon with Built-in Scrambler & LMR Programmable Channels – HX400 - Review
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is the HX400 submersible?
Yes, the HX400 is a submersible handheld radio that meets the JIS-8 standard, which means it can be submerged in up to 1.5 meters (4.92 feet) of water for 30 minutes.
2. Can I select the transmit power level on the HX400?
Yes, the HX400 allows you to choose from three transmit power levels: 5 watts, 2.5 watts, and 1 watt.
3. Does the HX400 have a built-in voice scrambler?
Yes, the HX400 comes with a built-in voice scrambler that allows for private and secure communications.
4. Can I program channel names on the HX400 for easy identification?
Yes, the HX400 allows you to assign custom names to the programmed channels, making it easier to identify their purpose.
5. Does the HX400 have NOAA weather channels?
Yes, the HX400 comes preloaded with 10 NOAA weather channels, allowing you to stay informed about weather conditions. It also has a weather alert functionality to notify you of pending storm advisories.
6. How long does the battery of the HX400 last?
The HX400 is equipped with a high-capacity 2550mAh lithium-ion battery that provides up to 17 hours of talk time.
7. Can I scan multiple channels with the HX400?
Yes, the HX400 has programmable scan, priority scan, and dual watch features, allowing you to scan multiple channels and prioritize certain channels if desired.
8. Is the HX400 backed by a warranty?
Yes, the HX400 is backed by a 3-year waterproof warranty from Standard Horizon. If the radio fails for any reason, including water damage, within the first three years, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge. After the initial warranty period, the radio is covered by Standard Horizon's Lifetime Flat Rate Service Program.View Buying Options